Hi all, it's Menu Plan Monday! I am trying to get better at posting, so I thought that I could post my menu plan each week. Not only will it help me post, it will help motivate me to continue a menu plan, and hopefully it can help inspire any that might read it. Dinner really is easier if I have a plan instead of wondering what I can throw together at the last minute. So, here is this week:
Monday - Creamy Ham & Macaroni, Orange & Red Onion Salad, White Cake with Half & Half Frosting
Tuesday - Chicken & Tomato Risotto, Baked Garlic Green Beans, Lemonade
Wednesday - Black Bean Burgers with Salsa, Southwestern Rice Salad
Thursday - Texas Style Beef Tacos, Mexican Rice with Fresh Tomatoes
Friday - Pizza Margherita, Green Salad with Ranch Dressing
Saturday - Turkey Gyros, Tomato & Corn Salad
Sunday - Crockpot Chicken & Veggies, Freezer Rolls, Canned Peaches
I've got the cake baked and need to make the frosting (half white and half chocolate). We have FHE tonight and the cake is our treat. The other dishes I'll start in about 2 hours. Oh, my menu makes me hungry!!!
I've noticed when I have a menu, I'm more excited about cooking. Many of these are new recipes, so I'll let you know how they turn out. I might even include pictures! Oh, my grandma would be so proud of me! I miss that about her. I loved to talk food with my grandma. She was the best cook, and always fed people. I wish I had gotten her to write down some of her great recipes for me before she passed away. She used to surprise me with cookbooks. I think that is what sparked my desire to collect. I still have all but one of the books she gave me.
4 comments:
Sounds delicious! I want you to post some of those recipes. Especially if they are easy and cheap! i like the new look of your blog. i need to post more often, too.
The comment above is from me. Not Lauren.
Can we see a picture of you with your new glasses, please?
I don't know if I have one, but I'll try to get one.
Post a Comment