Saturday, December 18, 2010

Miscellaneous

We got snow for Thanksgiving, which was lots of fun.  It melted, though, of course.  Today we woke up to beautiful fat flakes swirling down.  We got an inch or two before it stopped.  My children had a great time.  They made two snowmen.  I cleared the driveway and our sidewalk, and then proceeded to do our nieghbor's as well.  They are elderly and let us use their lawn mower in the summer so I thought I would return the kindness - they don't seem to like snow.  While I was working, the kids went inside.  Soon Sam opened my window and called down to me, "Mom, Elise had a little accident in her panties...poop...and she accidentally flushed her panties down the toilet, and so Jake had to plunge the toilet, and now she is in my room.  Can you please some get her?"
I came in to find water from an overturned plunger on the bathroom floor, along with pants, and poop stains from a foot that were tracked out of the bathroom and onto the carpet!  As gross as that is, I can't get too mad, because my 2 year old and my 6 year old tried to clean it up themselves while I was out helping a neighbor!  I cleaned up the remains of the mess.  I'm just grateful that my baby is finally potty trained.  I think she couldn't get her pants down fast enough, but she was definitely trying.  Anyway, accidents are few and far between with her.  What more could I ask for?  We were even at her friends house, who has just started potty training today, and she had wet her panties.  Her mom told her to run to the bathroom to get cleaned up and change.  She just stood there so Elise started to push her toward the bathroom.  It was funny.  Elise had a look on her face like "Why are you just standing there?  That is so gross!  Go change already!" 
I am so glad to not have to change diapers anymore!  She even gets up and goes to the bathroom in the night when she needs to.  I feel so lucky.
And she is sooo cute.  While I don't want to change diapers anymore, I don't want my babies to grow up too fast.  I love to listen to Elise.  She is as funny as her siblings were at that age.  Actually, they all still make me laugh.
Sam lost his fish the other day.  He was broken hearted.  He made a memorial to Sparky in his room.  I'm going to include a picture if I can find my camera because it is the cutest thing I've ever seen from my tender-hearted little guy.  Jerome couldn't handle his boy being sad, so he bought Sam two goldfish.  Sam was planning on saving his money and buying a guppie, but Jerome is a softie.  The goldfish are named Spot and Michael.
I had an eye exam the other day and ordered new glasses.  I can't wait until they get here!  My current lenses are sooo scratched up.  Abrie went with me and helped me pick out the frames.  I'm excited!  I'm off. Time for family prayer.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Funny story!