I went shopping today. I had to take the girls with me because Jerome went to the gym. It took us two hours! I couldn't believe it, but I got some great deals so I'm pleased.
I've spent the last 5 hours trying to get Jake to do his homework. He is such a whiner. It literally takes him 2 to 3 days to clean his room...he only spends about 30 minutes actually doing anything. The rest of the time he is whining about how it is too hard and he didn't make the mess (uh, he has his own room, so I don't know who made the mess if it wasn't him) and how he needs someone to come tell him what to do, or he's trying to sneak into my room and use the Wii. Homework is the same deal, every single night. He doesn't seem to care how many privileges he loses. This kid exhausts me.
Also, the girls have pink eye, so we've been giving them eye drops. Tonight Abrie kicked me in the head twice while I was trying to put drops in her eyes. Now my head hurts. I'm ready to cancel Christmas...it's not worth it for children who act this way. It ruins the Spirit of the holiday for me when I'm trying to focus on the Savior and my kids are just fighting in the background...
But, I did manage FHE and we ate dinner at a reasonable hour, if it was a bit late for us. Another blessing today is that when I came home from the store Jerome had folded and put away the three loads of towels that had been waiting for me on the couch and then he emptied the dishwasher. That was a huge help this afternoon.
1 comment:
Ditto! (to the whole crazy kids dampening the spirit of Christmas part). I'm trying to think of ways to help them realize how blessed we are and how to live with a spirit of gratitude instead of moaning and groaning-- let me know if you have any ideas!
Post a Comment