The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste,coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. - Erma Bombeck
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wow. I. Am. Late.
So, I took these pictures to go with my Christmas posts...that I never actually posted. But, here they are, in all their glory. Despite my rather whiny post from December, the kids and I actually did do some fun things. Many of those things ended up in our bellies. I got some delicious roll and cut cookie recipes (thank you Emily at http://www.frugallivingnw.com/!) and went to town! My kids got into the cutting and sprinkling, I did the rest. With Christmas carols in the background, snow falling outside the window and kids running in and out of the kitchen, chased by the dog or conversely, chasing the dog, it was a lovely time had by all. After making these cookies, I will never make any other Christmas cookies. The gingerbread men were my favorite. They turned out so good; exactly the way I like my gingerbread. We gave away most of our first batch, made another batch and gave some away, ate about half, and then I made more at my parents house for my dad, who requested that I give the recipe to my mother. A couple of weeks ago I almost made more sugar cookies for Valentines Day, but I never found the time. Maybe we'll make sugar shamrocks next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment