The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste,coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. - Erma Bombeck
Friday, February 15, 2008
You will know when you are done.
That is what my mom told me about having enough kids. And I'm happy to report that I know it! I love my family, and it feels just right for us. I am so ready to be rid of my maternity stuff, when Elise was a week old I packed up my clothes (I kept one pair of below the belly pants for my "fat" days); I've been weeding out kids clothes that I won't use (wrong size/season), and am counting down the days to get rid of the bassinet. My friends think it's funny and maybe a little weird that I feel so completely done. It doesn't mean that I don't love my new daughter, or my other children. I really, really do and am grateful for each one. I'm just so happy to not be pregnant and not see it in my future; I feel like celebrating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How cute! I'm sure it's an exciting feeling to know that your family is complete! I can't wait to see the baby of the family.
It is a nice feeling, isn't it? I wanna see little Elise!
Post a Comment