Sunday, February 24, 2008

Growing Up!


Sam is losing his first tooth! Last Sunday, we were eating lunch and Sam said, "Mom, my tooth hurts." I asked him if it hurt when he bit something, or when he drank something, and he said when he bit on something. So I looked in his mouth and this is what I saw! It had already broken through the skin behind the other tooth, and he didn't complain about it until he bit on something and loosened his tooth in front (it had a little blood around it, but I didn't tell him that). That is how he teethed as an infant. I wouldn't even know until after the tooth had broken through the gums that anything was going on. He is very excited; last night he told me he is almost an adult now that his adult teeth are coming in! He has also been asking things like "How does the Tooth Fairy know that I've lost a tooth? Who tells the Tooth Fairy?" and "What does the Tooth Fairy do with all those teeth from kids?" And I thought "Where do babies come from?" would be the toughest question to answer - so far it's been the easiest!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations Sam!

Timani said...

Wow Sam, you ARE almost an adult with those teeth. Or maybe a shark. They grow two rows of teeth. :)

Ann-Marie, I suggest checking out an Orthodontist. That is what was going to happen to Ean, he had to have 8 teeth pulled so it wouldn't mess up the positioning of the adult teeth and result in more orthodontics. Orthodontists do free evaluations or at least should. :) Gotta love that!!!

Ann-Marie said...

Yes, we called our dentists' office to ask about the tooth coming in behind, and he did recommend that Sam see an orthodontist between the ages of 5 and 7. The lady I spoke to said the eval should be free. We have cleanings scheduled for Wednesday, and they will take a look and see if it will need pulled, but they don't think so since the tooth is loosening on it's own right now. Thanks for reminding me to call - I'm calling an orthodontist right now!

Ann-Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I just want to share with you all the call I got on Friday. Me: (I thought it was Ann-Marie because of the caller ID) Hi! Caller: Aunt Natalie, did you want to ask me something about my tooth? Me: What? Caller: What did you want to ask me about my tooth? Me: Well Sam, I think I wanted to ask you, do you have a loose tooth? Sam: (VERY excited) YES!! He was so thrilled that I wanted to ask him that. So if he hasn't called any of you, Sam would probably LOVE to get a phone call from any aunts or cousins to ask about his tooth.

Timani said...

That is such a cute story!!! We'll have to call Sam.

Seth lost a tooth yesterday and insisted he was going to hold it tight all night under his pillow. When Dan made the deposit, the tooth was still tightly wrapped in his fist.

Timani said...

Our whole family was on speaker phone last evening when we tried calling Sam, but no one answered. :(

Honestly Dan didn't want to talk to Sam about his loose tooth, but I asked him to come back. Ellexis cheered us all up when she said, "Come on dad, he's more your nephew than he is mom's niece." She's a smart one! We had a great laugh!!!