
My little girl is delightful, stubborn, and turning into a daddy's girl. She reminds me of my nieces, Lauren and Sara. I think she looks like Sara, but has more of Lauren's personality. The other day we were in line at the store and she broke out in a very loud chorus of I am a child of God. If you ask her to smile at the camera, she winks, which turned out to be a problem when we had family pictures taken. The photographer finally said, "She keeps winking at me!" It is very hard to get her to just smile nicely. If she asks you to help her, she gets mad if you don't do it exactly right (which may just be a terrible two's thing) and undoes it. She asks for her daddy a lot now. She always wanted me before, but now if she can't sleep or wakes up early, she goes straight to Jerome. I just snuggle in bed and smile to myself as he gets up to put her back in bed. I think she has finally realized what a softie daddy is!
And she talks a lot about her baby sister in mommy's belly. She likes to see my belly move when the baby moves, but unfortunately, she tries to see it in public! She pokes my belly and says "Doint! I say doint to the baby!!!" and then she laughs. She has also started asking the baby to come out and play, which surprised me the first time. She loves babies, but I don't now about newborns, since she hasn't seen any and they don't do much. She likes to be a big helper, so I hope I can capitalize on that when the baby comes.
Recently she has started pretending to be a horse. She gallops around the house, neighing, and it actually sounds quite good. I knew exactly what it was the first time I heard it! When she does it, I say"I think I hear a pink horse in my house!" and she laughs and says "Yes!!!" and then does it some more. Sometimes she whinnies and says "Gilly-up, horsie!" as she gallops. It is so cute.
2 comments:
This little girl is so precious. And SMART!!
Oh my goodness! What a cutie! And I love that picture. Could you email me a high quality one? I'd love to scrapbook it.
Post a Comment