Not to be outdone by my brother, we too have added a boy and a girl to our family. However, ours are significantly older and hairier than my brothers babies. Shilo Rose is nine and a Springer Spaniel, and Bruno is 15 and a Yorkshire Terrier. Shilo was Dennis' baby, and Bruno actually is Jerome's dog, but he lived with Dennis. Bruno is in really bad shape, he can't see, hear or smell well anymore, most of his teeth have been pulled, and he is constantly agitated when awake, which isn't very often. We are going to have him put down, which probably should have been done a long time ago. Poor little guy.
Shilo seems to be doing well, but she is afraid that she is going to be left alone. She has to be with either me or Jerome if he is home. Last night while he was at work, she followed me around the house: dozed by my chair when I used the computer, parked herself outside the bathroom door while I was in it, and jumped up anytime I moved. She tried to sleep with me, but I made her get down and so she slept on the floor right where I'd trip over her if I got up. It is sad. I know she remembers that Dennis left and never came back. Fortunately she is a very sweet dog and the kids already know and love her, and she loves them. The boys run races with her in the backyard and Abrie tells her how sweet she is. She gets lots of scratching on her belly, which she loves, and with all of her hair, Elise is thrilled with her. (Hair is one of Elise's favorite things, we just have to hold her hand to help her pet the dog - she still pulls.) I'm also glad she is not a puppy! I am going to take her to a groomer though, because with all her hair, she is ready for a trim. She tracks in lots of grass in the hair around her feet, and her long ears need trimmed because they always fall in the water bowl and drip on the floor. Sam keeps saying "I can't believe we have two dogs!" They were so excited for Jerome to bring them home, they kept watching for them from the windows.
2 comments:
poor bruno. i'll bet your kids are having a ball with them!
I guess all the debating you did of whether to get your family a pet or not was a little unnecessary, eh? I'm glad Shilo got some kids, it'll be so good for her. I feel bad for Bruno too. Does he have a good hiding place?
Post a Comment