Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Clean House

I've spent the last 2 weeks using the program from FlyLady.com. I've been getting her newsletter for months; seriously, since before Elise was born. I just felt overwhelmed and too busy to try to stick to a program for cleaning my house. I got to the point that I was ready to give it a try. Her focus is on decluttering your home. I have to say, my house looks better than it has since we moved in! It looks so good that Jerome even thanked me for keeping the house so clean lately. It's not pristine, we still need new flooring and the walls could use washing, but I've even gotten around to cleaning windows, blinds and window tracks. It feels so good to get rid of the clutter in our house! Since starting my declutter mission, my room is clean, our kitchen is organized and piles are off the counters, and I've been able to spend more time with my kids playing games (a recent hit at our house is UNO). I've been decorating my room a bit, hanging a few things on the walls. I like being at home more now.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

FlyLady rocks! I particularly enjoyed her views on Perfectionism being the root of procrastination, and how to let go of perfectionism. Keep up the progress, I'm glad you found something that works. :) Love, Michelle

Stacey said...

I love FlyLady! Haven't followed her program for a few years, but I loved it when I did. Maybe I should do that again. My family would probably thank me.

Stamper Family said...

I love flylady! Although, I have to admit, I haven't done so well with it in the past year. I have almost mastered keeping my kitchen clean and shining my sink before I go to bed, but I still have to work on the rest. It definately makes home a better place to be in. I love you blog. Your kids and family are so adorable. I miss getting to see everyone.