(Each of the following comments were made in complete and total seriousness)
*Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle*
Abrie: "Mommy, I just peed in the toilet!"
Me: "I know, great job!"
Abrie: "Are you proud of me?"
Me: "Yes, honey, I'm very proud of you."
Abrie: "And Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty? Are they proud of me too?"
Me: "Yes, they are VERY proud of you too."
Abrie: "Yeah, 'cause they like pooping and peeing in the toilet. Not in their dresses."
Me: "That's right. Never in their dresses."
*chuckling from the area of the restroom sinks*
*Note - occasionally Abrie substitutes her 12-year-old cousin Ellexis for Sleeping Beauty. She very often talks about how they are so proud of her using the toilet.
Last week we were at my parents' house. I was in the bathroom wiping Abrie and this is how the conversation went.
Me: "Hold still Abrie, I need to get all the poop off your bum."
Abrie: "Yeah, 'cause you can smell it...You can smell my bum."
Me: " I don't want to smell your bum. It's got poop on it."
Abrie: "Maybe Grandma can smell my bum."
Me, helping her pull up her pants: "Why would Grandma want to smell your bum?"
Abrie: "Becuase, it, uh...smells good."
Just now, Abrie came running out of the bathroom and said, "Mom, do you want to come and see my poop in the toilet?!" This is a daily occurrence. She will stand there and pester you until you go and look, or pretend to. She is so proud of her accomplishment. She has also started asking me to leave when she needs to use the bathroom. Actually, she doesn't ask, she says "Mom, you need to leave." Nor will she let Jerome help her. She is turning modest in there (and only in there - she has no qualms about streaking down our street or into the neighbors' yard in nothing but her T-shirt), and complains if Jerome sees her using the toilet or if she accidentally sees him get out of the shower. If she walks in on him, she comes running to me, tattling that dad wasn't "covered".
When we walk to the school to get her brother, Jake rides his bike and she pretends to ride a horse (sometimes she rides one and brings a second one in tow behind them). Not only does she gallop and hold the reigns, she will twirl a lasso, and "park" her horse when we get to the door of the school. When we leave, she unties it, climbs on, and gallops home. All of the actions took me forever to figure out, especially the tying and untying of her horse, since she never told me what she was doing. She has ridden her horse to the neighbors house, up and down our sidewalk, from our van into and out of WalMart, basically anywhere we walk.
She creates imaginary treats and shares them with me. I always play with her - I want her imagination games to last as long as possible.
Overheard at a soccer game:
Abrie: "Mom, I brought you pink ice cream."
Me (pretending to lick cone): "Thanks, I love it!"
Abrie: "It's strawberry. And here is your candy. It's, um, strawberry and blueberry."
Me: "Oh, it's so yummy. Thank you for sharing!"
Abrie: "You're welcome. And I brought you a crown and some jewelry."
Me (pretending to put it on my head): "Oh, it is so sparkly! I love sparkly jewelry. Thank you."
Abrie: "It's pink. And it has diamonds on it. And it's for a princess. Here is your cake that I made for you; it's angel cake. And some juice to drink. And some earrings. I have some too. They are pretty. We are princesses, mom."
I love her imagination.
*Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle*
Abrie: "Mommy, I just peed in the toilet!"
Me: "I know, great job!"
Abrie: "Are you proud of me?"
Me: "Yes, honey, I'm very proud of you."
Abrie: "And Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty? Are they proud of me too?"
Me: "Yes, they are VERY proud of you too."
Abrie: "Yeah, 'cause they like pooping and peeing in the toilet. Not in their dresses."
Me: "That's right. Never in their dresses."
*chuckling from the area of the restroom sinks*
*Note - occasionally Abrie substitutes her 12-year-old cousin Ellexis for Sleeping Beauty. She very often talks about how they are so proud of her using the toilet.
Last week we were at my parents' house. I was in the bathroom wiping Abrie and this is how the conversation went.
Me: "Hold still Abrie, I need to get all the poop off your bum."
Abrie: "Yeah, 'cause you can smell it...You can smell my bum."
Me: " I don't want to smell your bum. It's got poop on it."
Abrie: "Maybe Grandma can smell my bum."
Me, helping her pull up her pants: "Why would Grandma want to smell your bum?"
Abrie: "Becuase, it, uh...smells good."
Just now, Abrie came running out of the bathroom and said, "Mom, do you want to come and see my poop in the toilet?!" This is a daily occurrence. She will stand there and pester you until you go and look, or pretend to. She is so proud of her accomplishment. She has also started asking me to leave when she needs to use the bathroom. Actually, she doesn't ask, she says "Mom, you need to leave." Nor will she let Jerome help her. She is turning modest in there (and only in there - she has no qualms about streaking down our street or into the neighbors' yard in nothing but her T-shirt), and complains if Jerome sees her using the toilet or if she accidentally sees him get out of the shower. If she walks in on him, she comes running to me, tattling that dad wasn't "covered".
When we walk to the school to get her brother, Jake rides his bike and she pretends to ride a horse (sometimes she rides one and brings a second one in tow behind them). Not only does she gallop and hold the reigns, she will twirl a lasso, and "park" her horse when we get to the door of the school. When we leave, she unties it, climbs on, and gallops home. All of the actions took me forever to figure out, especially the tying and untying of her horse, since she never told me what she was doing. She has ridden her horse to the neighbors house, up and down our sidewalk, from our van into and out of WalMart, basically anywhere we walk.
She creates imaginary treats and shares them with me. I always play with her - I want her imagination games to last as long as possible.
Overheard at a soccer game:
Abrie: "Mom, I brought you pink ice cream."
Me (pretending to lick cone): "Thanks, I love it!"
Abrie: "It's strawberry. And here is your candy. It's, um, strawberry and blueberry."
Me: "Oh, it's so yummy. Thank you for sharing!"
Abrie: "You're welcome. And I brought you a crown and some jewelry."
Me (pretending to put it on my head): "Oh, it is so sparkly! I love sparkly jewelry. Thank you."
Abrie: "It's pink. And it has diamonds on it. And it's for a princess. Here is your cake that I made for you; it's angel cake. And some juice to drink. And some earrings. I have some too. They are pretty. We are princesses, mom."
I love her imagination.
4 comments:
that bathroom story = highlight of the night... whatever it takes.
Very cute!
You have a cowgirl princess...there's a Disney movie for ya.
We are proud of Princess Abrie for using the toilet and not her princess dress.
The horse thing is funny.
So cute! The bathroom stories are great. I was imagining her riding her horse to the school as I was reading. I pictured her with pink chaps and a pink cowgirl hat with a very sparkly tiara around the front of it! Oh, and her horse had pink ribbons braided into her tail and mane!
Oh Stacey,I'm sure Abrie would agree with you, that is EXACTLY what she and her horse look like when she rides!! Abrie is so big now.
Post a Comment