Sunday, January 13, 2008





These both used to be stained a dark brown. I think they look a lot more like a girlie room painted white! Now, do I dare tackle the rocking chair?

6 comments:

Timani said...

Good job!!! Is that the bed your dad made? I like it white. I had to laugh, your carpet looks like mine. Esp my TV room carpet.

Timani said...

I have to tell you, when I saw the picture of the painted bed, I actually gasped. It looks like the bed your dad made. I thought, "I wonder how he'd feel about it." But it does look good. When I showed Dan you painted to get the room ready for the girls (but I didn't say anything about the bed). He looked at the picture, noticed that was the bed your dad made and said, "I don't like it! If my dad knew, he'd probably whip her. That wood is cherry."

Remember in my post how Dan thinks paint ruins a good piece of wood. LOL!

Ann-Marie said...

LOL! Hey, dad isn't the one sleeping in it, he's way too big for it. I think it looks great, also. Yeah, dad has mentioned to me that he doesn't like to paint "good wood", but that "you women" are always doing stuff like that. I think he just doesn't want us to return it to him; what would he do with it? Put it in the yard sale, that's what. You should see his shop. It's pretty darn clean since he retired, and he has a huge pile of stuff for a yard sale that my mom keeps insisting she will have. Oh, and Abrie LOVES her white bed.

Timani said...

Excellent response about your dad being too big to sleep in the bed. I'll tell Dan. You know that bed has been through a lot of grandkids. Dallin, Lance, Ellexis and your kids. I believe that was his first project.

Too bad your dad has the shop, otherwise he might have time to be retired and clean out the house. :) I'm j/k I'm glad he has the shop, he's built a lot of great things!

Timani said...

Oh and for the yardsale, ya know when she goes on a trip, he could surprise her and advertise the pile as "free" and get rid of everything, that'll make him happy, until she gets home! LOL...wouldn't that be a riot! I'm laughing right now thinking about it.

Stacey said...

You gals are funny! Is that the yard sale that mom said she was going to have in Sept or October? :) I think the bed looks great! And if dad (or Dan) ever wants it back, they can strip the paint off! It does look very girly.