The day after Thanksgiving, we put up the Christmas tree and some lights in the kids windows. Sam was begging from the moment he woke up to get it done. Afterward, Jerome and I laughed and agreed that it looks like a couple of kids decorated our tree, which is true. They are all clumped together down low, and so I try to spread them out. When I walk by the tree a little later, they have been clumped again. I guess they know how they want it to look! That night we watched The Polar Express and I made hot chocolate.
The following day, we drove into the Blue Mountains to play in the snow. It was a lot of fun, especially because it doesn't take much snow to make the kids happy. Jerome shook trees to make "snowstorms" while the boys stood beneath. We took our sled and they pulled each other and slid down a little slope. After about an hour, everyone got cold and they were ready to come home. We are getting snow pants for the boys (Abrie already has some) and next time we want to take the truck and the camper so we have a place to warm up and can stay longer.
3 comments:
Great snow photos! Can you email them to me so I can scrapbook them? I wish we were a little closer to snow. I guess we are pretty close, though. Big Bear is only about 2 1/2 hours away. Maybe we should plan a winter trip. Hmmmm...
How FUN! I read saw these earlier and showed the kids, but I wasn't signed in to post a comment. My kids cracked up at "snowstorms" and Dan shuttered. He said, "you have to be careful, when the snow goes down your collar" and shuttered again. Sledding is so much fun, my kids want snow.
Huh, I guess I forgot that you guys have a truck and camper!! ;-) Such cute pictures!! Sounds like a good tradition might have been started...
Post a Comment