Saturday, November 03, 2007

My little chatterboxes...

The other day I was at WalMart with Jake and Abrie. We spent some time in the toy section (which Jacob calls the "toy collection") so I could get an idea of what they might like for gifts. Jake kept running from one thing to another, especially amongst the trucks. Finally he stopped, eyes wide, and said, "Mom, I can't believe my eyes!" It was very funny. From the toys we moved on to the Christmas decor. Trees were already up, some prelit. One had fiber optic lights at the ends of the fake needles that changed colors. I pointed it out to Abrie, who isn't quite 2 years old yet, and she replied "Oh, yeah! I can see that! That is so nice!" in her little singsong voice.
Today we were grocery shopping and Sam saw a friend from his class at church. He called her name and waved. After she walked away with her dad, Abrie kept calling back to her, while waving her fingers in the air, "Hey girl! Where did you go? Come and touch my hands!" For some reason, known only to Abrie, she really wanted that girl to come and touch her hands.

Sam loves kindergarten, and is doing extremely well. His teacher does vocabulary with his class, and so Sam always has new words to use. His current favorites are sly, splendid, proceed. Jerome and I can't spell "secret" words in front of him anymore, becuase he can figure it out. He loves to read to us and he surprises me with some of the larger words that he can sound out or recognize. He is doing well in math also. We feel very lucky to have gotten him in a class with such a great teacher. He really likes her alot, though somedays he comes home from school very sad. Usually it's becuase "Mom, I raised my hand to tell my teacher something, and she didn't see me!" Yesterday he wanted to tell her she should go swimming. I'm not sure if it was even pertinent to the class discussion, but he was quite broken up about it. He also told me yesterday morning that a girl in his class is now his best friend. I asked him why, and he said," Becuase she looked nice in her [Halloween] costume. She wore a dress to get married, and she even had a thing on her head to cover her face, like on The Incredibles!"

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love your posts. I wish we could hang out with those little chatterboxes!

Timani said...

I bet every kid wishes they could have a "toy collection" like they do at Walmart. Even Dan wishes he had that toy collection. I've never heard Abrie really talk, I like singsongy little voices. How cute!!! I'm glad to know Sam thinks Kindergarten is "splendid" and I'm sure he has made some "sly" moves on all the K-hotties :) so you better warn them to "proceed" with caution. LOL!

Stacey said...

Time for another update Ann-Marie :)