Sam was so excited! All the kindergartners were given that same shirt to wear on the first day, and the teacher had a matching one. I'll admit, when we dropped him off I got a little teary. He was very brave until he could see the school, then he needed to hold my hand. But once he was in class and saw that he was at the same table with his friend Broc, he relaxed and started acting silly, trying to make people laugh. I was glad my child wasn't the one bawling and clinging to her dad, but it's hard to let them grow up sometimes!
The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste,coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. - Erma Bombeck
Sunday, September 16, 2007
First Day of School!
Sam was so excited! All the kindergartners were given that same shirt to wear on the first day, and the teacher had a matching one. I'll admit, when we dropped him off I got a little teary. He was very brave until he could see the school, then he needed to hold my hand. But once he was in class and saw that he was at the same table with his friend Broc, he relaxed and started acting silly, trying to make people laugh. I was glad my child wasn't the one bawling and clinging to her dad, but it's hard to let them grow up sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Makes me wanna cry!!! They are supposed to stay little..... ;-)
Post a Comment