Sunday, June 03, 2007

Our house





I forgot that I never posted about our new home! We love it. We are still intending on building the fence, and we should be able to get it done sooner now that Jerome will be starting a better job. I can't wait. I bought a little gentle sprinkler for the children to use in the backyard a few days ago. It's been really hot here the last week, and they have had so much fun using it! Even Abrie will run through the edge of the spray. I've painted most of the inside. I really like it now that it's painted. It looked like an old lady house before, but now the inside is a pretty green. I chose a golden yellow for the hallway. I'm not quite done, and am trying to decide what color to do the kitchen area. I may just stick with the color that I have done in the livingroom. I have big plans for landscaping. I want to plant two trees on the west side of the driveway and garage to help keep the heat down there in summer. Something that grows quickly, but not too big. I don't want it hanging into the neighbors yard. We still need to uproot some bushes there, and weed, and I have found a couple of plants (bushes and flowers) that are going to have to go. They are seriously ugly. I think we will focus this summer on the fence, and getting those bushes out. Maybe in the fall we will plant the trees, so they have all fall, winter and spring to settle in before the heat of summer. I'm having fun with my plans, but it's a lot of work and we'll have to take it one step at a time!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the green! It reminds me of the color of my kitchen in Oregon. Congratulations on the new job and good luck with the fence and bushes :)