We went to visit a neighbor on her 82nd birthday, and while she and I visited, the kids played in her yard. They turned on a hose, made a huge, very deep puddle of black mud (I suspect it had already been started by her sprinklers) and made a terrific mess. They had a ball, and luckily she thought it was funny becuase I had to clean it up and she didn't! (And possibly because we had just brought her some chocolate chip cookies for her birthday!) One of the advantages of being old, I guess.
The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste,coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. - Erma Bombeck
Sunday, June 03, 2007
We went to visit a neighbor on her 82nd birthday, and while she and I visited, the kids played in her yard. They turned on a hose, made a huge, very deep puddle of black mud (I suspect it had already been started by her sprinklers) and made a terrific mess. They had a ball, and luckily she thought it was funny becuase I had to clean it up and she didn't! (And possibly because we had just brought her some chocolate chip cookies for her birthday!) One of the advantages of being old, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yikes! Those are some messy kiddos! I wish you could bring me some chocolate chip cookies on my birthday...
Post a Comment